Get meli v0.3.0 meli is now a
make && make PREFIX=$HOME/.local install away!
- IMAP support. Unpolished and experimental.
- xbiff support
- added portable Makefile for installation
- added manual page for the configuration file meli.conf(5)
- various configuration changes can be seen in meli.conf(5)
- add conversations thread mailing view: a one entry per thread listing, but entries are less compact; they take 3 rows. Pager opens on the right. Intended for big terminals.
- added folder operations (create, delete, rename)
- added special use semantics for mailboxes: you can specify which mailboxes are special, eg specify
Drafts, etc. This is optional as it in most cases it can be inferred by the names.
- add folder subscriptions: don’t load all folders on startup, only the ones the user has specified
As before, this is a rough around the edges release. I’m working on a lot of stuff simultaneously and I can’t stop and improve something. Please understand.
Consider trying this release and file bug reports for any problems or suggestions you have. Documentation can be found in the installed manpages,
man meli and
man meli.conf. You will unfortunately have to sign up in meli’s gitea instance to file bugs though. I am considering writing a bot to transfer mails from a bug report mailing list to gitea via its API.
You’re welcome to reach me via Mastodon @firstname.lastname@example.org or if you’re feeling extremely enthusiastic, the meli-general@ mailing list.
You can follow meli-announce@, my mastodon account @email@example.com and the RSS feed for updates.